About Marske CottagesThe Sanctuary, The Hide Away and Benjamin Cottage are holiday cottages located in the pretty sea side village of Marske by the sea. The Sanctuary and Benjamin Cottage are both beautiful country cottage styled properties whilst The Hide Away is an attractive, light, bright Nautical themed Fisherman's Cottage. The Hide Away and The Sanctuary are next door to each other, tucked away in a quiet position close to the beach whilst Benjamin Cottage is closer to the village centre, just off the main High Street.
A short 2 minutes stroll from The Sanctuary and The Hide Away leads you through Marske's Valley Gardens and brings you to a lovely sandy beach with sand dunes and fishing boats, whilst 3 minutes in the opposite direction, the centre provides an array of shops and village pubs. Benjamin Cottage is located approximately 10-minutes from Marske beach but a stone's throw away from the village centre.
Three miles along the coast lies the old spa town of Saltburn-by-the-Sea, with its renowned pier and historic cliff lift, whilst the small, pretty fishing villages of Staithes and Runswick Bay lie to the south. With the scenic North York Moors and the dramatic heritage coastline to discover, these Marske cottages provide an excellent base for a great holiday. Marske by the Sea on the North East coast is approximately 2.5 miles South East of Redcar and 1.5 miles South East of Middlesbrough with good road links via the A174 and A1085 and is well served by public transport and two train stations in the area. The area is a popular holiday destination and is on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, host to thousands of visitor's year after year. The Jewel in the Crown of the beautiful village has to be the stunning, unspoiled beach which is only a few minutes from the properties. All properties offer modern and recently renovated accommodation, these cottages are ideal for those wishing to enjoy a seaside holiday but also within easy access to beautiful nearby countryside and numerous local attractions.
The properties comprise of:
- Entrance vestibule
- Lounge with dining area
- Modern fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher
- Washing Machine
- Three bedrooms (2 doubles and one single) - The Sanctuary & The Hide Away
- Two bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin) - Benjamin Cottage
- Modern fully tiled bathroom with bath, wc, sink and shower cubicle
- Externally The Sanctuary & The Hide Away have an outdoor table with chairs for Al Fresco dining and enclosed rear courtyard. Benjamin Cottage has a communal seating area to the rear
- Roadside parking is available outside the properties
- Gas central heating, oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and all crockery and utensils as would be expected
- Child's Booster seat for dining and travel cot upon request
- Smart TV in lounge and master bedroom of The Hide Away
- Smart TV in lounge and TVs in all 3 bedrooms in The Sanctuary
- Smart TV in lounge and double bedroom and TV in twin room at Benjamin Cottage
- WiFi, Fuel and power is included in rent
- Bed linen and towels are included in rent
- Log burner in The Sanctuary & Benjamin Cottage
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome at all properties
- Sorry, no smoking
Guest access:Guests have full access to all amenities in the cottage. If there is anything else you require to make your stay more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will help if we can.
The cottages can be booked separately or together.